Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Party time!


Jonathan's summer course is wrapping up. The students have one last exam tomorrow, but they have turned in their assignments, and the course is pretty much done. So Jonathan decided to invited his students over to our place to celebrate the end of the course, and to have some informal, relaxing time with the students. Mio and Yuto had been so excited since yesterday that we are going to have a party today - even Yuto knows what "party" means by now... 

Seven students came over, and because we all know them from the Western Denmark trip we took with them, the kids were immediately all over them and they loved hanging out with the big girls and boys. Both Mio andYuto had their own seats when we started, but before we know it, Yuto was eating on the students' laps, and even sharing a cake with them (I'm afraid he ate most of it!). 




Tomorrow, we have another party. It is the official end-of-the-semester party organized by the school, and it happens to take place in the courtyard of our apartment building. Over two hundred students are supposed to show up, so it is going to be a pretty big party... 

Off topic, given that I only have less than two weeks left, I am starting to get a little anxious about buying things to bring home, as I have hardly bought anything since we got here - though I have been eyeing some things that I might get... 

This is something I got yesterday. These wooden egg holders designed by Lucie Kaas called Bordfolk ("Table People"). We bought a nice set of egg holders in Denmark last year, but they are porcelain, and it always make me nervous when I serve eggs in them to the kids, though we have been lucky so far. But with these, no more worries, as they are made of wood! There are many other kinds in this Table People collection (and all so cute!), but I think we picked the ones that resemble Mio and Yuto the most?  




  

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures. I'm getting anxious that your trip is ending and no more blog from you. Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, our trip is ending soon... I am kind of sad about it, too. But thanks for reading my blog! It means a lot to me!!

      Delete