Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Typical Day


My mom has left, and this is the first day back to our typical day in Denmark, which entails going to the park in the morning, have lunch at the park, take an afternoon walk to let Yuto fall asleep on the stroller, shop for dinner, then come home. The above is a series of photos from today's visit. When I look at these pictures, I am quite amazed how much they have grown in one year - Mio is very close to being able to ride a two-wheel bicycle, and Yuto can push Mio in a stroller! 

After spending a good three hours at the park, we got on the bus to go to a store called Okker-Gokker, which is a children's clothing store which I became a fan of last year. The store is very cute, and they had some nice clothes, but somehow nothing caught my eye... I felt like they had better design last year, and I came out empty handed. So that was too bad. 

Then we walked up and down the street and went into this very cute toy store. I've been noticing these lunch-box like carrying cases at almost every toy shop I have visited. They are not for putting in food (they have metal ones for that), but they are just for kids to put in their "stuff." They look like they are made of cardboard paper but I am not sure... Well, Mio had lost her little purse since we got to Denmark, and Yuto doesn't have a suitcase like Mio does, so I bought one for each. They love their new carrying cases (they went to bed with them). 

Okker-Gokker store.



On our way home from shopping, there were a couple of guys making these huge bubbles which we also saw last year at the same spot . This was definitely not one of them as she was asleep when we saw the big bubbles last year, but I am quite surprised and also amazed that Mio actually remembers a lot of things from our Denmark trip last year.  I don't expect the kids to remember much of this or our last trip when they get older, but I hope there will be something they could remember even after many years, maybe when they get to visit Denmark again when they grow up...










No comments:

Post a Comment