Sunday, July 1, 2012

European afternoon...



We had a pretty ordinary morning - went to the park to let the kids play, and had lunch at Torvehallerne, my favorite food market in Copenhagen.  After lunch, we took a walk near Stroget (the pedestrian shopping street). I have always wanted to sit outside at one of the cafes on the street, enjoying a beautiful weather and watching people walk by while enjoying a cup of coffee and something sweet to go with. But when I am by myself with two kids, hanging out in a cafe just to sit and relax just seems like a luxury... 

But today, I had my mom with me, and one of the kids was asleep. Perfect opportunity! We decided to try Cafe Norden, which is located on the corner of one of Copenhagen's busiest squares. It is always very busy with mostly tourists, and I had walked by it many times before but had never been. We sat inside because Mio wanted to, but it turned out to be a good idea as it got quite windy and chilly outside as the time went by. 

The art deco-styled interior is quite nice. We had a raspberry tart and a cheese cake. The waitress asked me if I wanted any cream with it, and of course I love anything creamy, so I chose whipped cream among the other choices which were sour cream and vanilla cream. Little did I know, she put a big blob of whipped cream on the plate of the already creamy cheesecake as well. Hmm, that's a bit too heavy even for me! A little overpriced, but with nice atmosphere and good company, it felt like we enjoyed a leisurely European afternoon... 






After a late afternoon tea like this, our dinner was a light affair of just mussels (again) we got from the market earlier today and a salad with some nice bread.








2 comments:

  1. I love that first photo of Yuto! How adorable! That dessert looks so good, hanging out at the cafe sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet! That photo is also one of my favorites from this trip I must say... ;)

    ReplyDelete