Monday, August 13, 2012

Good bye Denmark


After being away for two and a half months, we finally returned to New York on Saturday, the 11th. I didn't mean to be absent for this long, but we were busy packing the night before we left, and since we came back, we have been terribly jet-lagged, I was too exhausted to write a post.

But anyway, what a great summer we had in Denmark. For many reasons, I think we enjoyed our stay this year even more than we did last year (and we had a good time last year as well!). The kids were a year older so things were a little easier, we lived in the city center, and we knew the streets better, etc. We have been back in New York for just two days, and already, all the things we cherished while in Denmark seem so far away, and I miss them all - the long daylight, the almost daily ice cream, the countless packs of juicy strawberries, the amazing breads, the beautiful parks, the kind people, the city of bikes, and so on. Denmark is a beautiful country.

We were very fortunate to have this opportunity, and I would like to thank DIS for inviting Jonathan to teach again this summer, and also for allowing us to travel as a family. I would also like to thank my family and friends and whomever, who have followed my blog over the last two months. It meant a lot to me, and it was such a big motivation for me to keep posting. So thanks.

We still have another month before the kids' school begins (yikes!), so between going to the park and seeing friends, maybe I will have a chance to go through the 3,000 photos I took over the last two months. We may or may not be in Denmark again next year. But if we do, and if there's going to be another blog, I hope you come visit it again. But we'll see...

Signing off,
Namiko

No comments:

Post a Comment