Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hello again, Copenhagen!


It was a long trip. We left Tokyo on June 10th after a lovely but not long enough 18 day visit, and returned to New York the same day. We were back home for three days before we left again for Denmark, during which time we lived like nocturnal animals - it was one of the worst jet-lag experiences we've had. But we managed to repack our suitcases, do some laundry, meet with a couple of friends, and get ready for our next trip - two months in Denmark.

We arrived in Copenhagen on June 14th, and will be here until August 13th. We are here because Jonathan was invited back to teach a summer course at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS). As many of you who are reading this blog know, I kept a blog called "Denmark Diary" when we were here last summer. It was our first visit to Denmark, and naturally, everything I saw was new and exciting. I debated for a while whether to do a blog again this year, as I know there would be a lot of repetitive posts and familiar photos from last year, and I don't know how that would make an interesting blog. On the other hand, I am sure there still are a lot of sites to visit, food to try, and playgrounds to explore. Besides, the kids, Mio and Yuto, are a year older now, so their experience would be a lot different from last year, and I would love to keep a record of that, too. So I have decided to give this blog a "go." 

Enough with the overture! We have been busy settling in since we got here, which included one apartment switch due to a mix up by the administration. The internet connection has been also been very unreliable since we moved to our new apartment, thus the delay in getting my blog going. The internet problem should be solved in the next few days, and I hope to keep my diary as much as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment